NAMI is committed to educating and supporting people dealing with mental illness issues.
Articles of interest:
- Cognitive Therapy of Psychosis (CBTp handout for clients, families)
- Treatment Behind Bars The Treatment of Persons with Mental Illness in Prisons and Jails: A State Survey, April 2014
- Personalized Screen to ID Suicidal Teens in 14 ERs Aimed to Help Front-line Clinicians Save Lives
September 23, 2014 ~ Science Update
- Psychosis and schizophrenia in adults- treatemnt and management (NICE 2014).
Issued: February 2014 — last modified: March 2014. National Institute for Health and Care Excellence, NICE clinical guideline 178.
- Decreased dopamine brain reactivity in marijuana abusers is associated with negative emotionality and addiction severity.
Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. Vol 111, No 30, July 29, 2014
- Another View: Broken system leaves families, victims of mental illness helpless
by Hans DeWitt and Candy DeWitt from the Sacramento Bee, August 10, 2014.
- Laura’s Law can save lives of people with mental illnesses
by John Moorlach from the Sacramento Bee, August 10, 2014.
- NAMI Responses to the House Energy & Committee 21st Century Cures Proposal
by Mary Giliberti, J.D, Executive Director, National Alliance on Mental Illness, June 2014
- Support Program Can Help Caregivers Cope with Relative
- Stigma Has Not Abated
October 18, 2011
- I thought I was a prophet After my schizophrenic break, I couldn’t even trust my own mind – and it would be a long road back from the abyss.
by Michael Hedrick, August 2, 2013.