Hello and welcome to the NAMI Marin Advocacy page. This section of the website aims to act as a source for actionable items and information on current legislation that relates to mental illness.
NAMI Marin Wants to Hear from You!
We are working to identify ways to improve the “broken mental health system.” What have your experiences been in getting services for yourself or your loved one? Were you turned away from Psychiatric Emergency Services? Called police in a crisis? Jailed? Isolated in a back bedroom? Expelled from housing? Let your voices be heard. Call the NAMI office at 415-444-0480 or send your stories to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please join with NAMI to improve mental health conditions in Marin.
NAMI’s Top Priorities
- Ensuring successful implementation of the Affordable Care Act, also known as the new health care reform law, which includes Medicaid expansion;
- Celebrating the 20th anniversary of NAMI’s Family-to-Family education program, including the expansion of its partnership with the Department of Veterans Affairs;
- Demanding early identification and effective treatment of mental illnesses in children and adolescents;
- Providing technical assistance to NAMI’s 1,100 state organizations and local affiliates to help them achieve “standards of excellence” that will strengthen grassroots activities; and
- Increasing technological capacity for information and communications, including social media.
Working together, there is nothing we cannot accomplish.
Please consider giving today to enable NAMI to improve the lives of individuals and families affected by mental illness.