On April 21, 2014, Suzanne Tavano, Ph.D., Director of Marin County Mental Health and Substance Use Services, presented an update on Mental Health Services. One of the many topics covered at the NAMI Marin General Meeting was:
Expanded Mental Health Benefits
Medi-Cal managed care plans shall provide mental health benefits for mild to moderate conditions, including:
- Individual and group mental health evaluation and treatment (psychotherapy).
- Psychological testing when clinically indicated to evaluate a mental health condition.
- Outpatient services for the purposes of monitoring drug therapy.
- Outpatient laboratory, drugs, supplies and supplements.
- Psychiatric consultation.
Expanded Substance Use Disorder benefits include:
- Intensive outpatient treatment (no longer limited to pregnant/postpartum/under 21 population).
- Residentially-based substance use disorder services (no longer limited to pregnant/postpartum population).
- Medically necessary inpatient detoxification.
- Continuing SUD Benefit
- Drug free outpatient group therapy.
- Optional SUD Benefit
- Voluntary Inpatient Detoxification.
- County provides all benefits.
To view the 27-page update click the following:
Marin County MHS Overview 4-21-14