NAMI Marin is a volunteer organization. Our programs support and educate people who live with mental illness or neurobiological disorders.
Volunteer Opportunities include:
- Join our teaching Faculty for Family classes
- Office duty twice a month (training provided)
- Support Group assistant Leader (training required)
- Public Relations
- Grant Writing
- Assist at monthly meetings and programs,
- Volunteer for the San Francisco Bay Area Walk Steering Committee
- We are also in the process of expanding our NAMI Espanol program. If you are Spanish-speaking and would like to volunteer for/at a NAMI Espanol event, please specify this when you contact our office.
The NAMI Marin office is at 555 Northgate Drive #280 in San Rafael near Northgate Mall. (415-444-0480) Office is staffed by volunteer NAMI Marin members from 1:00-3:00 pm, Monday – Friday.
Volunteers are warm and supportive and have good phone skills.
- Our office is often a first contact point for persons who have a family member or friend newly diagnosed or presenting first symptoms of mental illness.
- The volunteer of the day refers callers and visitors to appropriate services and puts them in touch with support and education programs.
NAMI Marin provides training and support. The office offers parking and a pleasant non-profit community. Volunteers work 2 hours on weekdays between 1:00 and 3:00, once or twice a month.
We need volunteers!